Use the following format for the paper:
– organize paper with the bolded sections
Social Worker Values and Ethical Standards and Self-Awareness
Social Worker Profession
Social Problems and Services
– answer the discussion points in your writing – do NOT list the discussion points.
Social Worker Values and Ethical Standards and Self-Awareness (2-3 pages)
Discuss the values and ethical standards of the social work profession.
Reflect upon social worker values and ethics compatibility with your own values and perspectives of life and people.
Highlight two or three values that you identify or struggle with and tie them to some of the ethical standards.
Social Worker Profession (2-3 pages)
Explore whether social work is a profession that you might consider as a future career option.why or why not?
Sociology, Social Problems and Services (2-3 pages)
Examine one or two area(s) of social work that you might like to focus on in the future (e.g. juvenile delinquency, mental health, child welfare, etc.), and the reasons why?
Provide one sociological concept or theory to describe why the social problem exists.
5 Resources Minimum – you can use more sources 😊
You must cite sources to support the statements and facts in the paper.
You should have more multiple sources cited in each section of the paper.
3 scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles – must be current and within years 2015 to 2022.
2 other resources such as, news articles, textbooks, governmental agencies report and websites, PBS videos or other creditable sources.
1. Review the excerpt below and respond to the questions: “For the first time in our history, Americans have to be fearful of what they say, of what they write, and of what they think. They have to be afraid of using the wrong word, a word denounced as offensive or insensitive, or racist, sexist, or homophobic.” (Bill Lind, American University, 2000)
a. Who, exactly, does Mr. Lind have in mind when he references “Americans who, for the first time in history, have to watch what they say?”
b. What are the latent, or hidden meanings behind this statement?
c. How does this speak to racial domination?
2. With whom do you choose to associate? Address these questions by drawing on the information in this chapter:
a. Pick an association (religious institution, knitting circle, intramural team) to which you belong and analyze it in terms of its racial and ethnic composition.
b. Who is present and who is absent?
May 15th, 2022
In this course, students will learn a wide range of theories that explain deviant behavior, some of which are: (1) Anomie/Strain Theory; (2) Social Disorganization Theory; (3) Differential Association Theory; (4) Social Learning Theory; (5) Labeling Theory; (6) Conflict Theories; (7) Critical Theories, etc. You are tasked with picking an act/behavior that you consider deviant and explaining it in terms of any three theories covered in this course.
How Should this Paper Look?
Title page (names only on this page, no names on other pages)
Introduction with a thesis statement that covers your argument and the evidence you’ll use.
Body paragraphs: restating the thesis, presenting evidence, discussing the significance.
Conclusion synthesizing your argument, connecting to course themes where you can.
Bibliography. Make sure to cite appropriately when borrowing from others’ work, either in ASA or APA styles. See the example bibliography at the end of the assignment.
ANY work that is not your own MUST be cited. This includes information that you have changed the wording but the idea is the same. For example: “Not only was sexism assumed to be normal during this early period of sociology, but so was racism,” (Henslin, 2011:10), and ‘Both sexism and racism were assumed to be normal during the early period of sociology.’ If you are not sure if something should be cited, then cite it. You will find much less trouble for citing something that shouldn’t be cited than not citing something that should be. A special word about the internet; it is very tempting to cut and paste information from the web into your paper. If you do so, cite it. Wikipedia and Cliffnotes are NOT the best sources of information. Information that is not cited is plagiarized and will result in a zero for the paper.
Total Length: 1500 words; double spaced; font-size 12-point times new roman
Choose only one question from chapter 3 questions and answer it by using chapter 3 powerpoint:
Read through the following questions and answer one of them in your journal. Your answer should be complete, and must be written in standard, grammatically correct English.1. List and briefly describe the four stages of cognitive development according to Piaget. Provide an example of behavior for each stage. Discuss how this theory should be applied to create a more effective system of education.2. Cooley developed the concept of the looking-glass self. Describe each of the three steps of the process, providing at least one example of how a person can correctly use feedback from others and how a person can make an error in using feedback. How would each of these affect self-concept?3. George Herbert Mead explored how a person acquires social roles. Define and provide an example of significant others and the generalized other. Discuss the three stages of development according to his theory, providing at least one example of behavior at each stage.4. Define “agents of socialization.” Identify what you believe are the two most important agents in the United States and describe the role of each in the socialization process.5. In “Cultural Diversity in the United States” (p.89), the dilemma of the children of immigrants is described. What are the costs and benefits of choosing either strategy: abandoning the culture of their parents in favor of their new home, or rejecting the culture of their new home in favor of the culture of their parents? Do you know any immigrant families? If so, please discuss what the children of one of the families chose? Was it successful? Why, or why not?6. Define resocialization, and provide at least two examples of the process. Define total institutions and degradation ceremonies, providing at least two examples of each. Discuss at least one example of resocialization that you or someone you know experienced. Was it successful? Why, or why not? How difficult was it?
Choose only one question from chapter 4 questions and answer it by using chapter 4 powerpoint:
Read through the following questions and answer one of them in your journal. Your answer should be complete, and must be written in standard, grammatically correct English.
1. Define status. Define and distinguish between ascribed and achieved status, providing at least two examples of each. Define and discuss master status. What do you believe is your master status? Why? Define and discuss status inconsistency. Do you believe that you experience any status inconsistency? Why or why not?2. Define social institutions. Name at least four of the ten discussed in the text and discuss the basic needs they meet for society. Can you imagine any of the ones that you chose ending? Why or why not? Can you imagine them changing? Why or why not?3. Several prominent sociologists have examined the processes that hold societies together. What is social integration? Define and discuss the differences between mechanical solidarity and organic solidarity, according to Durkheim. Define and discuss the differences between gemeinschaft and gesellschaft, according to Tönnies. Which one or two of the four terms do you believe best describes American society today? Why?4. Describe the differences between role strain and role conflict. Illustrate the differences by providing at least one example of each and explain why it qualifies as role strain or role conflict. Have you ever experienced either or both processes? If so, how did you respond to it?5. In the United States, according to Hall and Hall, there are four “social distance zones” or expected physical distances between persons based on the type of interaction they are experiencing. Discuss each of the zones. Discuss at least one circumstance in which someone violated the distance expectations with you. Why do you think it happened? For example, was it a person from a different culture who had different expectations than you or was there a different reason? How did it make you feel? How did you respond?
Chapters covered thus far are 1-4. I uploaded the textbook so you can view the Data Workshop. I also uploaded an image with it, but it may be blurry, hence why i uploaded the text as well. I attached the rubric as well for your pursual. Assignments are submitted to TurnItIn.
Refer to the Data Workshop on Pages 31 and 32 in the textbook. For this assignment, immerse yourself in a celebrity gossip website of your choice.
1. Choose ONE story and analyze it carefully – read the headlines, scrutinize the pictures, and read and review the comments section.
2. Choose TWO of the three theories as outlined on Page 32, and answer the questions associated with the theory
Please carefully read all of the information in green – the only part of the content in green that does not apply to this assignment is the content under There are two options for completing this Data Workshop
* 500-800 words_
* Refer to the Data Workshop on Pages 31 and 32 in your textbook_
* Use key concepts from each theory and apply them to your source_
* Your assignment should include a reference to the gossip article and to the textbook_
* APA format _
In this paper, you will make an objective argument about your topic using scholarly sources. On the first page(s), you introduce your topic and provide a background on this topic from a non-academic source. This non-academic source should be a news article from a reputable publication. In the following pages, you will use academic sources to argue your point.
For this paper, you are required to have a minimum of six academic peer-reviewed sources. In addition, you will need one non-academic source from a reputable news organization.
Times new roman
Document must be written and submitted via Microsoft Word.
Last page of the paper, please make a works cited page.
*** I NEED YOU TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS FOLLOW THE ATTACHED OUTLINE *AND INCLUDE THE RESEARCH TOPIC INFO THE INFO ON THE ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY.
Term Paper Guidelines
The paper must be 5-6 pages in length double-spaced. The main object of this assignment is to utilize the concepts and critical thinking skills in developing a sociological analysis of a social problem. I choose to write on sociological topic I am passionate about cultural stereotypes. Using two course readings (Who Killed Vincent Chin?) and one primary source (check DVC Library databases EBSCO and jstor) to build your analysis. News articles and blogs are not an academic source but may be used over and above the requirements. Pay attention to the mechanisms by which social problems are reproduced alongside the processes that reflect the potential for transformation. Discuss the impact of such social problems in your own life or on someone that you know.
Make sure to begin the paper with a clear thesis statement. To support your argument, you are required to analyze the data you gathered using the course concepts. You are required to focus your analysis by choosing concepts from at least two readings. One of these sources can a movie/movie clip screened in class. Use the library to find one academic primary source that provides deeper insight into the topic you have chosen. Bring in at least one real life example to illustrate the impact of the social problem. A well organized and sophisticated analysis will attempt to connect different topics to provide new insights. However, avoid making connections for the sake of making connections as this often results in a kitchen-sink approach that might cover various concepts but offers no depth of analysis.
My Term Paper Outline is attached. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Team Assignment Part 2: Direct Action Plan (including a Media Strategy)
For this portion of the assignment, you will develop a direct action plan that would pressure the target of your campaign and write up a plan to implement it and garner news coverage about it. Your group will develop a single document that should be approximately 3-5 pages and include a “run of show” or a minute-by-minute breakdown of the action. It should include:
● A brief review of your campaign outline: your strategy, your target, and your demand
● A discussion of how this particular action will put pressure on your target to meet your demand
● A minute-by-minute table with the breakdown of your action (what will happen at what time
and who will do it)
● A discussion of the participants in the action and their positionality and how this affects their
participation (e.g. documentation status, work schedules, childcare responsibilities etc.)
● A Safety
One page essay question portion of final exam for Theories of Counseling II :
Critique feminist theories of counseling. How are the limits of feminist therapy models addressed by an Ethnopolitical approach and intersectional counseling models like Mujerista Psychology or Womanist Therapy?
I attached the chapter from the book on feminist theory for reference.
I also attached the Mujerista Psychology and the Womanist Therapy articles
This is for my Case Conceptualization portion of my Theories in Counseling II Final Exam.
The case as well as the instructions are in the “final case” pdf.
And for reference I’ve attached four separate chapters from the class textbook that I thought could be helpful.
I’ve attached the following chapters:
The Context of Therapy: Theory
The Context of Therapy: Application
The Practice of Psychotherapy: Theory
The Practice of Psychotherapy: Application
I really need to do well on this! Thank you so much!