***EXACT TEMPLATE PROVIDED!***MUST HAVE 2 REFERENCES – ONE OF WHICH IS THE ATTACHED TEXTBOOK – CHECK CHAPTER 10, PAGES 210 – 16 FOR RELEVANT INFORMATION TO CITE***
Write a 2 page test critique of a psychological test instrument selected each week that includes elements described below, APA format of references must be used. Refer to the rubric (attached) and the sample paper (attached).
The Wechsler Intelligence Scales is the most commonly used for cognitive assessment. The Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS-IV) is designed for individuals aged 16 – 69 and the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence (WPPSI-IV) for children aged 2 – 6 are included in the series of three intelligence scales. In addition to the Wechsler Individual Achievement Tests that are designed to measure academic achievement. We will look at the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children or WISC-V which is utilized with children aged 6-16. Read chapter 10 pages 210-216 and additional information available online to complete the Assessment Review. The publication website will be an excellent resource in locating information for this assessment review.
Elements of Research/Critique Assignment: The following elements must be incorporated into a critique of a psychological assessment instrument:
· Test title and author
· Publisher and date of publication
· Rational and theoretical basis for the instrument
· Time to administer and Professionals qualified to administer and evaluate
· Instrument validity and source
· Instrument reliability and source
· For whom is the instrument appropriate
· Describe positive or negative information about the instrument’s cultural bias
· Must have 2 or more references, within the past 5 years. This can include your textbook.
Refer to the TEMPLATE and RUBRIC provided for help