While this is your personal philosophy of nursing, you must include and reference a nursing theory (Chapter 9) that resonates with your personal philosophy. Reflect on what is important to you as an individual and as a nursing student. Think about what you believe and what you value. Develop a paper that includes the following:
• Personal Values (3 points): In one brief paragraph identify 3-5 values and beliefs that are
important to you personally.
• Professional Values (3 points): In one brief paragraph identify the values and beliefs that you
feel are important in nursing and why you feel they are important.
• Alignment of Values (3 points): In one brief paragraph describe where your personal
values/beliefs align with the values/beliefs in nursing.
• Nursing Theory (5 points): Identify a nursing theory that resonates with your personal belief
• Conclusion (3 points): In one brief paragraph, Based on your personal and professional
beliefs/values, explain how you hope to make a difference in the lives of others as a
registered professional nurse at home, where you hope to work, and in your community.
Attached are pages from Chapter 9 of the Philosophy I chose: Watson’s Philosophy