Quantitative Analysis and Interpretation: Nonparametric Methods
What is the impact of research studies on nursing practice?
Research studies have the ability to create change and move healthcare forward. New insights garner new ideas, and new ideas create a space in which patients may receive better care.
Not surprisingly, as a profession, healthcare professionals rely heavily on the use of research to guide practice. Moreover, DNP-prepared nurses are uniquely prepared, through training and education, to lead the way for the use of research to impact change. As a future DNP-prepared nurse, how do you see yourself using research in your area of practice?
This week, you will examine the use of nonparametric methods in research studies. You will explore the use of research for your area of practice and analyze studies in your area of interest. You will also consider and recommend changes to study designs and methodologies to improve the data analyzed as you continue working on your Article Critique Assignment.
• Analyze the use of nonparametric statistical tests in research studies
• Analyze why parametric statistical tests are inappropriate for research study designs
• Analyze strengths and weaknesses of research studies*
• Analyze how research studies contribute to evidence-based practice for nursing
• Analyze impact of research studies on nursing practice*
• Recommend changes to study designs and methodologies to support research studies*
*Assigned in Week 7 of Module 3 and submitted in Week 10 of Module 4
Required Readings (click to expand/reduce)
Gray, J. R.,